From time to time, I do enjoy cooking and eating at home with friends and family. Of course, I love to travel and explore new places and ethnic foods even more.
That being said, while coaching a lot of people who are just figuring out their gluten and allergy free lifestyles, one of the most frequently asked questions is “What are your favorite products?” So, I thought after 10 years of being 100% gluten and dairy free and trying products at hundreds of conferences, I would share my top 15 favorite products manufactured in the US.
A number of these foods are also non-GMO and free from other food allergens. These products need to be either cooked inside the home or compliment a meal:
- Breads From Anna – Love the gluten and yeast free apple pancake and muffin mix. I add flax seed, raisins, and extra cinnamon for delicious muffins. Then freeze them for breakfast at home or an excellent on the go snack!
- King Arthur’s Gluten Free Muffin Mix – I use lemon oil and add blueberries for mouth watering muffins. These also freeze well for at home or on the go.
- Local Oven Baguettes – as you know, I love French food and one of the items that I had been missing in the States for a long time were baguettes. Well this is an incredible baguette – great for morning, noon and night!
- Kinnickinnick – I think they make the best gluten and diary free chocolate donuts hands down! We even worked with Walt Disney World to get them approved for you throughout the park in Orlando! I would also recommend their K-Too cookies which are like Oreo cookies only gluten and dairy free. Be forewarned – it’s hard to eat just one!
- Stonewall Kitchen Gluten Free Pancake mix- I’ve tried lots and lots of gluten free pancake mixes and this has a similar texture to regular pancakes. Made them for my family and they couldn’t tell a difference. I also freeze these and then re-toast for breakfast!
- Waffles – if you have a Trader Joe’s store by you, I recommend their gluten free waffles in the toaster. If not, Van’s Waffles are my 2nd favorite pre-packaged waffles.
- Rudi’s cinnamon raisin bread and tortillas- I love to toast Rudi’s bread for breakfast and have Rudi’s gluten free tortillas with homemade chicken salad for lunch or dinner!
- Earth Balance spread – regular and the new cinnamon spread – I use Earth Balance all the time even in baking. At Expo West, I also sampled their new cinnamon spread which was delicious so be on the look-out for that too!
- Daiya Foods offers the best gluten free, casein free and vegan cheese that I have found in the US and Canada. I also love that they just expanded their product line to now include slices, wedges and of course shredded cheese in various flavors.
- Glutino’s original crackers- If I’m in the mood for a round cracker, this is my go to product. These also hold up pretty well when traveling too!
- Schar’s crackers and breadsticks – I have always loved the crackers and breadsticks from Schar ever since I first found them in Italy years ago. My family and friends are always amazed that these are gluten and dairy free because they taste so good.
- Bi-Aglut pasta – I’m not a big fan of 100% rice or 100% corn pasta although alot of people like it. I much prefer a combination of flours so Bi-Aglut has potato and lupin flour with cornstarch and lupin proteins with a similar texture to regular pasta. Note that this pasta is not recommended for individuals with peanut allergies since it contains lupin flour and proteins.
- Udi’s pizza crust and breads – Udi’s pizza crust is my favorite thin crust pizza. I also prefer the gluten free white sandwich bread which toasts great and perfect for sandwiches while traveling.
- Bell & Evans Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets are one of my favorite easy frozen meals when relaxing at home – it’s great to feel like a kid again too!
- Sauces – I love any of the Organicville sauces including their BBQ sauce. Also love Annie’s organic salad dressings.
So enjoy – of course I have another list of favorite peanut and
tree nut free snacks but that’s another post!